Amal Saleh is a University Recruiter at Facebook.
Preparing for Your Technical Screen
- Practice! Practice! Practice! Should be completing 10-15 hours a week coding and practicing.
- Code with efficiency and cleanliness!
- Be sure to communicate your thought process OUT LOUD as you code.
- During the interview, make sure to check for edge cases & test your code to ensure your code is free from bugs and that your approach to solving the problem is as concise and efficient as possible.
- Focus on your code being clean, test it to identify bugs and really focus on the blend of coding and vocalizing your thought process.
- Review core CS concepts as well as subjects pertaining to the scale of our environment.
- Ask yourself questions such as, what were your projects about; what made you want to do them; how was it impactful; what challenges you encountered/overcame; what would you do differently if you could start again, etc.
- Have thoughtful questions prepared to ask your interviewer and make sure to convey your excitement for this opportunity at each step of the interviewing stage.
- If you’ve seen a question before, be honest and let the interviewer know.