At Figma, we tackle a wide range of technical challenges: from designing powerful but accessible features in a complex stateful application, to scaling a realtime web service to hundreds of thousands of users. We work across many stacks and technologies, but we don’t expect anyone to know them all! Most of our engineers specialize in one area of our stack, while still being flexible enough to pick up new languages and make changes across systems when needed. As a member of our team, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to both leverage your existing strengths and learn new skills.
More than anything, we seek engineers with strong coding fundamentals and a track record of high quality engineering. We work in a highly collaborative environment, where most projects are owned by small groups of 2-3 people. We strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture - you can read more about our engineering values on our blog. If you’d like to join us on our mission to make design accessible to all, let’s talk!
What you'll be doing:
- Be fully embedded onto an engineering team and assigned technical projects that directly relate to your team and team goals
- Work closely with your mentor and team as well as collaborate with other engineers, product managers, designers, and QA to design features and break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines
- Build, document and maintain tests, features and infrastructure
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
- Ship your project/s by the end of your internship!
2020 Feature Announcements
Read more about our team: (linked in our job description on figma.com/careers!)
We're looking for someone with:
- At least one previous software engineering internship
- Solid technical knowledge including CS fundamentals and data structures
- Ability to communicate technical problems and solutions
Past intern projects: (linked in our job description on figma.com/careers!)